When I saw that, I had to chuckle to myself. Over the past year I've tried so hard to grow fresh rosemary in my garden and I just haven't had any luck. Fortunately, right down the road is Central Market where I can get fresh herbs at a reasonable price. :)
|Fresh Oregano from my garden!|
Here's how you make 'em:
~10-15 new (red) potatoes (the little guys)
~1 T of chopped fresh rosemary
~1 T of chopped fresh oregano
salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees with pizza stone already in the oven so it is hot when potatoes are ready to go in.
- Rinse potatoes well and cut each one into 8ths (in half 3 times!)
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with just enough olive oil to thinly coat each piece
- Mix in Rosemary, Oregano, Salt and Pepper
Tip: It's better to do step 4 when you're ready to put the potatoes in the oven. Letting them sit with salt on them will extract the water and leave them in a puddle of potato juice. Ew.
- Place the potatoes on the pizza stone in a single layer, ensuring that they will be heated evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until they reach desired brownness and crispiness. About halfway through, use tongs to "toss" the potatoes so they are cooked on all sides.