I chose to make stuffed bell peppers. I did purchase mine from the store, though, since the one's I'm growing weren't big enough yet and the ones at the store looked like mutant peppers (I won't think about that too much...) The leftover stuffing can be used for extra yummy tacos, too!
I got the recipe here. Here's how I did it!
4 or 5 large bell peppers
16 oz lean ground turkey or chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 T chili powder
1 T ground cumin
16 oz jar of salsa
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional, I didn't use it)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bell peppers in half or cut the top off and remove seeds.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey with onions. Add minced garlic, chili powder and cumin and stir and cook for 1 minute. Stir in salsa and rice.
3) Place cut bell peppers open side up on a baking sheet. Fill each one with stuffing and top with shredded cheddar.
4) Bake for 7-10 min until cheese is melty.
5) Serve with avocado and/or sour cream on top. YUM!
Post a Comment