Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Astronomically speaking, Spring started this week (it started March 1st, climatologically). The weather has been beautiful all week. Last week, Mike took some time off while his boss was on Spring Break and he did A LOT of work in the backyard. He also returned a lot of home improvement supplies to Lowes and Home Depot for some store credit. We used that to purchase some flowers and vegetable plants.
The chickens enjoying they yard getting cleaned up
We have a very pretty flowering tree. Sadly the flowers don't last long
We have a few rose bushes in the backyard. I do my best not to kill them. They must be pretty hardy.
Our citrus trees are blossoming. I now know why "Orange Blossom" is a popular fragrance for beauty products! Hopefully this means we'll see fruit this fall!
Hoping to get some big bell peppers! :)
I planted some impatiens along the walk to the front door.

1 comment:

EllenQ said...

Yay! I'm so jealous of your fruit trees.